[Nix-dev] make installcheck - doesn't do make install - on purpose?

Christian Theune ct at flyingcircus.io
Wed May 20 17:41:36 CEST 2015

Hi,

> On 20 May 2015, at 17:35, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi.
>
> On 05/20/2015 05:24 PM, Christian Theune wrote:
>> I keep stumbling that in the nix dev-shell I have to manually run
>> make; make install; make installcheck
>>
>> I keep forgetting to run one of those and hunt down non-existing bugs.
>
> That's independent of nix(-shell) - it depends on the makefiles you use.
> AFAIK it's typical that "make install" builds files before installation.
> Maybe "make installcheck" is just enough…

Yeah, I’m actually talking about the specific makefiles of “nix” itself in its gloriously self-referencing dev-shell. :)

—
Christian Theune · ct at flyingcircus.io · +49 345 219401 0
Flying Circus Internet Operations GmbH · http://flyingcircus.io
Forsterstraße 29 · 06112 Halle (Saale) · Deutschland
HR Stendal HRB 21169 · Geschäftsführer: Christian. Theune, Christian. Zagrodnick