[Nix-dev] write_file '/etc/passwd.tmp' - syswrite: Bad address

Amy de Buitléir amy at nualeargais.ie
Sat May 16 16:08:38 CEST 2015

Wout Mertens <wout.mertens <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Of course, it can only be memory corruption if it is not repeatable,
otherwise there's something weird about the call Perl makes to syswrite(),
definitely a bug somewhere then.

Oh, it's definitely repeatable...but I found a solution. I noticed that my
/etc/passwd file is corrupt. With fingers tightly crossed, I renamed that
file, and tried nixos-rebuild switch again. It worked, and I have a new
/etc/passwd file.