[Nix-dev] haskell dev environment, ghc non-determinism and binary cache interaction

Miguel Negrão miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Tue May 12 18:41:33 CEST 2015

Hi

Peter Simons <simons <at> cryp.to> writes:
>  > When diagrams was updated to 1.3 recently, IHaskell was broken
>  > because it depends on 1.2.

> >From the sound of it, the best thing you can do is learn how to fix
> Haskell build errors in Nixpkgs so that you can remedy those issues when
> you encounter them.

sorry for multiple posts.

Just to make sure I got it right. Would the fix in this case be to add
versions of all diagrams libs pinned at 1.12 by adding them to "extra
packages" in hackage2nix.hs, wait that they appear in nixpkgs suffixed with
_1_12 and then have ihaskell-diagrams depend on diagrams_1_12 instead of
diagrams ?

best,
Miguel