[Nix-dev] A Journey into our brand-new Haskell infrastructure: Part III

Miguel Negrão miguel.negrao-lists at friendlyvirus.org
Mon May 11 13:46:36 CEST 2015

Hi

Peter Simons <simons <at> cryp.to> writes:
> just a quick update for your information: we now have fully automatic updates
> of "hackages-packages.nix". The process is driven by the "update-nixpkgs.sh"
> script [1], which is part of the cabal2nix Git repository [2]. Basically, that
> script re-generates hackages-packages.nix once per hour from the current state
> of Hackage (which [3] tracks in a Git repository) and pushes the result to
[4].
> >From there, Hydra [5] picks up the new version and builds everything.

I see that in hackage-packages.nix there are packages such as
"conduit_1_2_4_1". I have a situation where currently haskell-bytes-0.15
doesn't build on ghc784 and it is needed by linear which is needed by
diagrams. I suppose the way to fix this is to set bytes to 0.14.1.3 in
ghc784 (if that builds). I suppose then that bytes_0_14_1_3 should be added
to hackage-packages.nix, in similar fashion to conduit_1_2_4_1, but that
file is generated automatically. How does one add older versions of a
package to hackage-packages.nix ?

best,
Miguel