[Nix-dev] Possible bug in ssh key module

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:52:18 CEST 2015

On 11 May 2015 at 04:45, Anand Patil <anand.prabhakar.patil at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> Just wanted to point out a small possible bug in NixOS version
> 15.05pre61966.75ebc3c (Dingo). I noticed that when I add an
> authorizedKeys option to my user like so:
>
>     openssh.authorizedKeys.keys = [ "ssh-rsa stuff" ];
>
> the contents of /etc/ssh/authorized_keys.d/anand look like
>
> ssh-rsa
> stuff
>
> with a newline after the "ssh-rsa",

Hi Anand,

The implementation looks correct. It only adds newlines between the keys:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/75ebc3cf1dc1365be5a05018fc8e5409c66025cb/nixos/modules/services/networking/ssh/sshd.nix#L55

Are you sure your string doesn't contain a newline? Maybe your text
editor added a newline when it wrapped the string.

Bas