[Nix-dev] mkDefault behaviour

Joel Moberg joel.moberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 20:22:00 CEST 2015

Hi all

I have a question about this expression, also here (
https://gist.github.com/b56994f7da885d0e7101):
```
(import <nixpkgs/nixos/lib/eval-config.nix> {
      system = builtins.currentSystem;
      modules =
        [ <nixpkgs/nixos/modules/virtualisation/virtualbox-image.nix>
          <nixos/modules/profiles/minimal.nix>
        ];
  }).config.system.build.virtualBoxOVA
```

Alot happens when I enable the minimal profile. A new qt, virtualbox etc
needs to be built that isn't in cache from hydra. See here for a difference
between the two (https://gist.github.com/6797a0833569eab1ca7c).

Something happens in the mkDefault call, I have looked at it but I can't
understand this behaviour. Is there a solution to this so I don't need to
build these heavy packages if I want to enable the minimal profile?