[Nix-dev] NixOS won't boot anymore in certain generations, don't know why (Stage-1 error)

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jun 4 16:15:12 CEST 2015

I also have a problem with luks - didn't debug it yet.
Some lines appear saying that target link already exist.

I can boot this way:

in grub hit e, add boot.shell_on_fail or shell_on_fail,
then you can debug the mounting / boot process, eg enter interactive
shell, then you can mount your partition manually on /root* something

After exiting I can boot. I don't restart often so I didn't investigate.

A google search told me it could be a race condition.

Thus have a look at the shell_on_fail within stage-1 and stage-1 init
scripts to learn more about the startup process - then you can debug.

Marc Weber