[Nix-dev] funding nixos documentation

Jeffrey David Johnson jefdaj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 20:21:27 CEST 2015

Oops, replying to the whole list now.

Begin forwarded message:

Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 11:20:10 -0700
From: Jeffrey David Johnson <jefdaj at gmail.com>
To: Joachim Schiele <js at lastlog.de>
Subject: Re: [Nix-dev] funding nixos documentation

I like the idea but can't personally pay for it :(

I see you have a paper on <http://nixos.org/docs/papers.html>
comparing Nix to other package managers. I think that would be a great
topic for documentation! Maybe a series of short tutorials for people
coming from Debian, Arch, Gentoo, brew on OSX, etc.

Also, long shot idea: we could put together a list of bounties. Pledge
amounts toward particular fixes/goals and then when someone
accomplishes them they post a paypal/bitcoin address to get paid. I'm
not sure how to make it binding or pay up front or resolve disputes
though.

Jeff