[Nix-dev] Overriding Haskell dependencies

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Mon Jun 1 10:43:29 CEST 2015

Hi Michael,

 > Is there an easy way to import that file in my config.nix?

configuration-common.nix is a function like any other; just "import" it
into your scope.

 > I figure I'll need something like
 >
 >   fix (extend stackagePackages commonConfiguration)
 >
 > as in nixpkgs/.../haskell-modules/default.nix?

Yes, I guess so. Even though I'm not quite sure why you'd want to
re-define hackage-packages.nix to begin with. Wouldn't it be easier to
customize the existing package set to your needs rather than re-defining
it from the ground up?

Best regards,
Peter