[Nix-dev] Problem with grub2

Joachim Schiele js at lastlog.de
Wed Jul 29 13:42:20 CEST 2015

the default boot loader ist grub2:

https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/release-14.12/nixos/modules/system/boot/loader/grub/grub.nix

version = mkOption {
        default = 2;
        example = 1;
        type = types.int;
        description = ''
          The version of GRUB to use: <literal>1</literal> for GRUB
          Legacy (versions 0.9x), or <literal>2</literal> (the
          default) for GRUB 2.
        '';
      };

and you can use the devices attribute, show here:

      devices = mkOption {
        default = [];
        example = [ "/dev/hda" ];
        type = types.listOf types.str;
        description = ''
          The devices on which the boot loader, GRUB, will be
          installed. Can be used instead of <literal>device</literal> to
          install grub into multiple devices (e.g., if as softraid
arrays holding /boot).
        '';
      };

with an argument like that:
/dev/disk/by-uuid/4172ace9-f813-44dd-addf-77303526d768

  boot.loader.grub = {
    # Use grub 2 as boot loader.
    enable = true;
    version = 2;

    # Define on which hard drive you want to install Grub.
     device = "/dev/disk/by-uuid/4172ace9-f813-44dd-addf-77303526d768";
  };

you can just ignore the disk labels with using uuid.

hope this helps you!
hf