[Nix-dev] nixops - nix-channel per machine

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 20:11:04 CEST 2015

Otherwise, if you are using the latest master of NixOS, then you
should be able to define which set of packages you are interested in
within the module system, while using the modules from the latest
NixOS.

{ config, lib, ... }:

{
  config = {
    _module.args.pkgs = lib.mkForce (import <my-nixpkgs> {
      inherit (config.nixpkgs) system config;
    });
  };
}

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Rob Vermaas <rob.vermaas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tomas,
>
> you can use -I nixpkgs=/path/to/your/nixpkgs when using nixops. You
> can also make it persistent using 'nixops create/modify', the nix path
> will be stored in the nixops database, and you can inspect it with
> 'nixops info'.
>
> Cheers,
> Rob
>
> On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 3:10 PM, Tomas Hlavaty
> <tomas.hlavaty at knowledgetools.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in nixops, how can i specify a nix-channel per machine?  Or any other
>> way to have different machines running different versions of nixos?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>> Tomas
>

> --
> Rob Vermaas