[Nix-dev] Nix-env error

Colin Putney colin at wiresong.com
Fri Jul 17 19:14:06 CEST 2015

Hi folks,

I'm running into an error I can't figure out.

# nix-env -i lsof
error: attribute ‘interpreterName’ missing, at
"/root/.nix-defexpr/channels/nixpkgs/pkgs/development/web/nodejs/build-node-package.nix":7:16

I've run into it on a few different machines, and have usually worked
around it by some combination of switching/updating channels and fiddling
with my NIX_PATH.

I suspect though, that it has something to do with my particular setup. If
nixpkgs-unstable universally broke nix-env, that would get noticed and
fixed right away.

Any ideas about what could cause this?

Thanks,

Colin