[Nix-dev] Announcement: NixCon 2015, the first NixOS conference

Paulus Esterhazy pesterhazy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 21:43:31 CEST 2015

We are excited to announce preparations for the first Nix conference -
NixCon 2015.

NixCon 2015 will be held in Berlin as a 2-day (weekend) event in
November, with talks and unsessions. Sprinting space will be also
provided for days before and after the conference.

The program isn’t definite yet, so we’d like to ask you to help us
form it by submitting ideas and wishes: http://nixcon.useresponse.com.
Based on the feedback, we’ll do our best to organize a nice event
which would make our community even stronger.

At the end of July we will release a Call for Presentations including
dates and additional details. Once we know more, we will update the
conference website with news: http://conf.nixos.org. You can also
follow us on twitter (@NixConBerlin) for more announcements.

If your organization is interested in sponsoring the conference in any
way, NixCon is a way to make smart developers aware of your company.
NixCon 2015 is organized by volunteers and leftover funds (if any)
will go to the Nix foundation. We are also looking for more
volunteers, especially from the Berlin area, to help us organize an
amazing conference.

NixCon team, conf at nixos.org

Rok Garbas, Paulus Esterhazy, Peter Simons