[Nix-dev] Unetbootin boot through Grub2 console

Ruben Astudillo ruben.astud at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 01:48:47 CEST 2015

Hi all

I got a tiny netbook on which I can't access the BIOS and can't find the
CMOS button without dissemble it entirely. I can still boot to grub
console of the previous distro and got a usb drive with a unetbootin copy
of nixos. Is there any way I could boot up from the grub2 console?

I tried booting from the .iso file through a loopback, that gives me the
bzImage and the initrd file. But I also need the init file which is
contained on the squashfs image of the nix-store. I could not put the
whole store on a usb drive because it needs to be FAT and it doesn't seem
to support symlinks which are many on the store. Ideally I would like to
avoid all this if I could boot directly from a unetbootin drive but I am
open to other suggestions. Thanks in advance

--
Ruben Astudillo                   OpenPGP: 0x3C332311
Crear un haiku, en diecisiete silabas, es complica...