[Nix-dev] NixOS Foundation

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 17:02:20 CEST 2015

Hi,

it slightly surprises me that it was created without mentioning it here
beforehand (AFAIK). That seems a suboptimal approach to me, but I've got
no idea myself around such things, such as how foundations work.

On 07/08/2015 11:27 AM, Luca Bruno wrote:
> Great thanks! It appears that the donation page from paypal is in
> Dutch. Isn't it possible to default to English? I don't see a way to
> change the language of the donation page.

ATM I'm getting an English page.

> The advantage of becoming part of an existing foundation is that it's
> much easier for companies to work with, both in terms of donating
> time as money, as well as it's name recognition.

If NixOS was a part of larger foundation, I'm unsure if it would be
clear which donations go to which purpose. That's essentially the
"focus" problem you mention.

Vladimir