[Nix-dev] "user ... has no home directory" error in emacs

Alexander Vorobiev alexander.vorobiev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 00:09:44 CEST 2015

I think the reason is we use active directory with sssd (which is kind of a
standard for enterprise RHEL-based clusters) for authentication. My
understanding is sssd is not supported by Nix at the moment and the
LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick (to add the libnss_sss.so.2 from the host system to
the search path) suggested here https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/554 isn't
working for emacs.

Alex