[Nix-dev] A few questions about ARM support and NixOS on a Chromebook

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Thu Jan 29 22:42:24 CET 2015

Hello all,

I'll try the next days whether I can update the pieces. I'm using native
armv5tel, not cross builds, as usual in nixos-on-arm.

1) Build a static busybox that works for the purpose.
2) Build release-14.12 or master
3) Commit the busybox to the bootstrap svn repository (if I am correct)
4) Make stdenv reference that busybox

Let's hope that'd be enough to go on. armv6 (raspberry pi) should be able to use
the armv5tel binary just fine.

I bet I have the slowest system of all of the present here... I'll go at my
pace. If you fix it earlier, commit or submit PR. :)

Regards,
Lluís.

PGP key D4831A8A - https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/