[Nix-dev] environment.allowedLicenses ?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sat Jan 24 20:14:29 CET 2015

Hi guys.

On 21-01-2015 20:56:44, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today I heard that in Gentoo one has the ability to specify licenses
> which are okay for the system and licenses which are "blacklisted" and
> packages with that licenses shouldn't be installed.
>
> Despite this is true for Gentoo or not, this would be a really cool
> feature for NixOS and I think a lot of people (a lot of GNU people,
> actually) would be attracted by this feature!
>
> Is this possible with Nix(OS)? If yes, would you guys like such a feature?
> If yes,... maybe I can implement it (with enough guidance, though)...

Turned out this is possible. I implemented it and submitted a PR,
which just got merged[0].

Where shall I document it? In the wiki? Where? In the repository?
Point me to the (exact) location where to document this!

[0]: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/5892#issuecomment-71332553

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,