[Nix-dev] Decision Procedures

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Mon Jan 19 22:30:00 CET 2015

>On 01/19/2015 09:58 PM, Michael Raskin wrote:
>> Travis is not a good fit to us, as it times out all the time. It's
>> a pity.
>
>Yes, for large changes it doesn't work because of limits.
>hydra.nixos.org is under our administration, so it would be better to
>run tests in there, but now it's certainly better than without any
>automated PR builds.
>
>> I am not sure initial policies for staging are still in effect...
>
>I believe we should follow them.
>Sometimes people forget, etc., but for people developing atop master
>it's good to keep mass-rebuild changes elsewhere (before finishing the
>rebuild), and for "safe" or tested changes it's convenient to push them
>into a single branch.

What are them? Maybe we should retry to write them down once more?

I think there was initially some idea about how often staging should
be merged into master. I don't remember details...

Accidental hash changes on master is just something that we all try to
fix, preferably without fully reverting the useful part of corresponding
commit.