[Nix-dev] announce: patch introducing resource tracking

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Thu Jan 15 22:02:43 CET 2015

The idea is to prevent the admin from starting multiple daemons
accessing the same directories or using the same ports by accident.

My updated mysql.services patch [1] depends on it:
https://github.com/MarcWeber/nixpkgs/commit/301043d68330646cd245657d2b6ea72703558048

I'm little unsure whether tcp/udp should be tracked differentyl or by
keys "tcp:80" "udp:80" or such.

Are there more resources which are worth tracking ?

I recommend looking at the patch because it could serve as sample for
similar cases such as multiple postgresql instances or whatsoever.

Marc Weber
[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/5542