[Nix-dev] Encrypted root: LUKS over LVM

Jeff Johnson jefdaj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 06:46:17 CET 2015

I just installed NixOS on a couple machines this week, and set them both up
this way. I remember seeing that error, but not exactly how I fixed
it--sorry, should have taken note! One thing I remember changing is the
preLVM. The wiki says to have it there but that didn't work for me. I
removed it and then it did work.

EDIT: Just saw that you fixed that. ^ Nevermind.

About the weird booting, I'm not sure. But one thing I did differently is I
named the underlying LUKS partition luks and the LVM lvm--maybe the two
mains collide somehow? And the other is I used /dev/disk/by-uuid/... paths
for all the partitions instead of /dev/sdX ones.
Jeff