[Nix-dev] Cannot start KMail, akonadi cannot be started

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Jan 7 18:04:50 CET 2015

Hi,

thank you a lot for your help!

On 07-01-2015 16:43:13, Vladimír Čunát wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 11:25 AM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> > How to properly start the akonadi daemon or solve this problem in
> > another way?
>
> Some kde4 packages have problems unless you set
> services.xserver.desktopManager.kde4.enable = true;

I had this already in my config, so this doesn't seem to work.

> It's possible that the problems can be also resolved by kde4.wrapper,
> but I have no experience with that.

But I was able to install the packages by putting:

    {
        packageOverrides = pkgs: {
            kdenliveWrapped         = pkgs.kde4.wrapped pkgs.kde4.kdenlive;
            kdepimWrapped           = pkgs.kde4.wrapped pkgs.kde4.kdepim;
            kdepimlibsWrapped       = pkgs.kde4.wrapped pkgs.kde4.kdepimlibs;
            kdepimRuntimeWrapped    = pkgs.kde4.wrapped pkgs.kde4.kdepim_runtime;
            akonadiWrapped          = pkgs.kde4.wrapped pkgs.kde4.akonadi;
        }
    }

in ~/.nixpkgs/config.nix

I can not start the akonadi server by executing

    akonadiserver

in a terminal.

So, how to improve this now? I want a system wide install and I do not
want to start this server by hand, how to do this?

Are there any tweaks to specify other options for akonadi? As far as I
understand, this is a daemon server for almost everything which is
related to Kontact, KMail and KAddressbook and the like - I need it to
be _really_ fast, as if this stores my email, this will handle 1k
mails per day (mailinglists). So any speed improvements would be nice!
:-)

Anyways, thanks a lot for your help by now!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.