[Nix-dev] Cannot start KMail, akonadi cannot be started

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Jan 7 11:25:40 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm trying nixos with KDE in a virtualbox VM atm.

I'm trying to get KMail running, it says it needs akonadi.

According to this[0] thread on github, I should include

    kde4.akonadi
    kde4.kdepim_runtime

in my packages. I included them, but after a reboot the KDE Plasma
desktop crashes and I get back to the KDM login screen.

How to properly start the akonadi daemon or solve this problem in
another way?

I guess this is not entirely nixos related, so if some of you would
help me please (we could outsource this discussion from the ML if you
guys want...). I'm a complete kde/nixos newbie, though, so please
don't mind stupid questions!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,