[Nix-dev] Customizing calibre PYTHONPATH to support plugins...

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at jaunder.io
Sat Feb 28 21:25:28 CET 2015

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015, at 12:22 PM, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 28, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Cillian de Róiste wrote:
> > Hi Michael,
> >
> > I think the following would work:
> >
> >     calibrePython = pkgs.python27Full.buildEnv.override { extraLibs =
> > [ pkgs.python27Packages.pycrypto ]; };
> >     myCalibre = pkgs.calibre.override { python = calibrePython; };
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Cillian
>
> Cillian,
>
> Thanks for offering that option.  Unfortunately, it does not appear to
> make a difference.

I should probably expand on this.

I *presume* it is because calibre appears to do various things by
hand---it has its own wrapper code, for instance, because it needs to
wrap more than just the PYTHONPATH.  That said, my (very limited)
understanding of how it does it leaves me confused as to why the simple
addition of buildInputs doesn't work.

Mike.