[Nix-dev] haskell-ng: shell.nix magic to infer .env?

Benno Fünfstück benno.fuenfstueck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 09:40:23 CET 2015

Hi Mateusz,

> Is there any way to recover old behaviour? I imagine if we can tell if
> we're entering a nix-shell or
> not then we can switch inside the expr and use .env when appropriate but
> I don't know how to achieve this.

I have this PR: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/6307 which would
solve this issue.
A simpler fix would be to just use that mechanism for building the wrapper
for the shellHook, not changing the rest of the builder. But that is IMO
the worst of both, since then we'd need to rebuild haskell packages if the
wrapper changes while still not using the wrapper for the real build.

Regards,
Benno