[Nix-dev] status of mingw support

Rok Garbas rok at garbas.si
Tue Feb 24 18:37:49 CET 2015

hi,

Quoting Anders Papitto (2015-02-20 20:42:36)
> Hello,
>
> I am currently looking into building some software using the mingw
> cross compiler (specifically, the brood war api as per
> http://www.broodwarai.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=984). However,
> after some time googling and grepping through the nixpkgs repository
> for references to mingw, it looks like there used to be support, but
> it was abandoned some time ago.
>
> Could someone summarize the current status of using mingw from nixos?
> Is it possible to get it working with some effort, or are there
> fundamental incompatibilities?

there has been work on getting cygwin support back. some cleanup of the #6101
is needed but major parts have been done by @chaoflow and @durko. its still on
my todo list to test #6101 in full but this got pushed to next week, due to
current workload.

    https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/6101

i guess you could use cygwin environment to bootstrap build environment on
windows and continue to get closer to mingw support.

hope that helps.

--
Rok Garbas - http://www.garbas.si