[Nix-dev] Underspecified 'disabled' attributes in python-packages.nix

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Feb 24 16:38:52 CET 2015

Hi Luca,

 > Afaik it's not only a python "disabled" problem. It also happens for
 > "meta.broken" that doesn't get propagated.

yes, that is true. I guess the problems shows up with Python more than
other packages because Python has many different active environments:
Py2k, Py3k, PyPy. The Haskell package set used to have the same problem,
but the NG effort remedied that by generating the entire package set
programmatically to be consistent. python-packages.nix is maintained
manually, though, so it's easier for those packages to have inconsistent
specifications.

Best regards,
Peter