[Nix-dev] HaskellNG and taffybar

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 20:55:20 CET 2015

Here are just some random ideas off the top of my head.

XMonad runs GHC from `$PATH`, so, indeed, having `ghcWithPackages` with
`xmonad` installed is enough for it to work.
Does XMonad work in your case?
Can you import `System.Taffybar` in `ghci`?

Might it be that, unlike XMonad, they do something more complicated to
invoke GHC? I didn’t check the source, but looks like they do.
Are you running this on a non-NixOS distro? In that case, the issue
<https://github.com/simonmar/ghc-paths/issues/4> probably explains what’s
going on.