[Nix-dev] Please test Nix store auto-optimise

Nathaniel Baxter nathaniel.baxter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 02:43:12 CET 2015

Saved ~23GB when I first ran nix-store --optimise (a week ago). Although I
hadn't garbage collected for some time.

Did a garbage collection today (the first for quite some time):
"""
note: currently hard linking saves 25906.96 MiB
67613 store paths deleted, 48738.67 MiB freed
"""

My /nix/store is on a zfs dataset that does not have dedup turned on.

Seems to work well, at least I haven't run into any issues so far.

Cheers,
Nathaniel Baxter