[Nix-dev] Automatic download option for "requireFile"

Thomas Strobel ts468 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Feb 21 15:59:53 CET 2015

Hi,

I intend to add an automatic download option for software packages where
the user needs to accept a special license, like for example oraclejdk.
At the moment the nixpkgs build tool points to a specific download page,
and the users have to download the package themselves.
I would like to add the possibility to accept the package specific
license in the general nixpkgs config, e.g., with
"config.license.oraclejdk.accept=true;" in the user's nixpkgs
configuration, and then have the build tool downloading the package
directly.

Before I go ahead and implement it, what do you think about it?

Cheers,
Thomas