[Nix-dev] Missing documentation

Ertugrul Söylemez ertesx at gmx.de
Thu Feb 19 00:17:35 CET 2015

> What I want to say is that it might be boring to maintain such a
> comprehensive help system, but it’s totally worth it, and it’s
> wonderful that someone volounteers to do that. BTW it would be nice to
> have a generic framework for writing docs and then doing things like
> generating man-pages and context-sensitive help automatically. Maybe
> such a framework already exists?

That's what I want to do, but I'm still not sure whether the community
is behind me.  I don't want to spend days to develop a nice solution
just to find that nobody actually wants it.

I did not count formally, but so far my proposal was met with mixed
feelings.  If there is a definite, "stop talking, please just do it",
then I will do it.  My changes would include minor documentation
improvements, but most notably a context-sensitive help system that is
easy to use especially for Nix developers.