[Nix-dev] Missing documentation

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Feb 17 10:34:51 CET 2015

Hi,

On 16/02/15 19:53, Ertugrul Söylemez wrote:

> Software should be fully documented.  If you don't know where the line
> between "regular users" and "advanced users" is, don't draw one in the
> first place.

It's not so much a question of regular vs. advanced use, but whether something
is a stable interface. If we document a command like nix-store
--register-validity (which is mostly a hack to support the nixos-install
bootstrap), we'd pretty much commit to supporting it in the future. If it's
undocumented, we can change or remove it in the future.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/