[Nix-dev] "Disallowed host" while building Python packages?

Rok Garbas rok at garbas.si
Tue Feb 17 08:22:11 CET 2015

hi,

Quoting Jeffrey David Johnson (2015-02-16 22:13:31)
> Nevermind, of course that would be how it works because input hashes and all.
> Thanks! I probably should have gone to bed and come back to it in the
> morning.

usually i forget to add Paste as buildInputs, since its sometimes required to
be there for certain entry point hooks.

> Semi-related: if I generate some packages with python2nix do they go in
> pkgs/top-level/python-packages.nix or
> pkgs/top-level/python-packages-generated.nix? They're formatted just like the
> non-generated ones so I'm thinking "generated" means some other process?

all python packages go to `pkgs/top-level/python-packages.nix`. hopefully we'll
get soon around to be able to generate python packages from definition (in
a way that pypi2nix[1] works).

[1] https://github.com/garbas/pypi2nix

--
Rok Garbas - http://www.garbas.si