[Nix-dev] Bash completion makes bash startup awefully slow

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sat Feb 14 11:49:06 CET 2015

Hi!

On 13-02-2015 11:23:07, Wout Mertens wrote:
> I'd start by finding out what is slow. The bash completion reads a bunch of
> files iirc, so copy the package and insert time measurements.

I know, it reads the whole completion stuff, right? Maybe we should
make this part more modular, so one can include what's required and
exclude what's not.

> Also, you could upgrade to SSD for your root disk...

I _have_ an SSD for my root disk! And an octocore processor and 16GB
Ram. It takes too long anyways!

> Also, maybe zsh is faster?

Sorry, but I won't switch shell as long as there is a way to improve
things!