[Nix-dev] Please test Nix store auto-optimise

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Fri Feb 13 18:42:44 CET 2015

Thank you for pointing this option out! I had no idea it existed before and
it should prove very useful!

$ du -hs /nix/store/
38G /nix/store/
$ sudo nix-store --optimise -v
<snip>
12456.46 MiB freed by hard-linking 881561 files
$ du -hs /nix/store/
23G /nix/store/

Does the auto linking also happen if you use nix-copy-closure?

Rich