[Nix-dev] A Journey into the Haskell NG infrastructure: Part I

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Thu Feb 12 23:54:00 CET 2015

Hi Kirill,

 > nix-shell '<nixpkgs>' -A haskell-ng.compiler.ghc763

that command starts a shell with an environment set-up that can be used
for building "haskell-ng.compiler.ghc763". This does include all
dependencies of GHC 7.6.3, but not the compiler itself.

 > Whenever I have something like
 >
 >   testHaskell = haskell-ng.packages.ghc784.ghcWithPackages (hp: []);
 >
 > in my `config.nix`, it starts to build ghc: ... But if I add any
 > single package to the list in `ghcWithPackages` it is no longer
 > building anything.

I cannot re-produce that, I'm afraid. On my system, both attributes

  testHaskell1 = self.haskell-ng.packages.ghc784.ghcWithPackages (hp: []);
  testHaskell2 = self.haskell-ng.packages.ghc784.ghcWithPackages (hp: with hp; [mtl]);

seem to work fine.

Best regards,
Peter