[Nix-dev] sass not available ?

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:42:39 CET 2015

On Thu Feb 05 2015 at 11:15:32 AM Catonano <catonano at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kirill,
>
> thanks for your reply

>> You are looking at the `release-14.12` branch which is a little bit
>> outdated of course.
>>

> Ok, I started from here http://nixos.org/nixos/packages.html
>
> assuming that the information that was shown there was up to date. Now I
> learn I was wrong. Good to know !
>
> So, if 14.12 is old, which is the current release, anyway ?

14.12 is the current release, but your output of `nix-channel --list` tells
me that you are subscribed to the `unstable` channel.

I believe there are no “release” nixpkgs channels but you can use the nixos
channel instead:

~~~~
$ nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-14.12 nixpkgs
$ nix-channel --update
~~~~

and then you should see sass in the output of `nix-env -qa`. Attrpaths will
change slightly but you shouldn’t notice if you install packages by name.