[Nix-dev] broken URLs of iwlwifi firmware tarballs

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:57:17 CET 2015

On 02/02/2015 11:45 PM, Sven-Haegar Koch wrote:
> Aren't they now all available as part of
> https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/

Yes, all should be there as well, I guess. I didn't switch to that repo
yet because:
  - they're not the same *.tgz files (with the same hashes);
  - serving uncompressed files through (c)git surely isn't a preferred
method to distribute binaries;
  - the URLs were used by many (according to my searching), so it seemed
preferable to just fix them instead of everyone switching to different ones.

Vladimir