[Nix-dev] How to add (self-signed) SSL certificate to NixOS?

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 17:17:28 CET 2015

On 2 February 2015 at 17:08, Kirill Elagin <kirelagin at gmail.com> wrote:
> `ca-bundle.crt` is actually just a text file with a list of certificates, so
> I’m not sure what the error you get can possibly refer to. It should be
> perfectly fine to do what you are trying to do.

I agree.

> Could it be that there was an error in your nix expression (e.g. you had
> `.source` instead of `.text` or something like this)?

No, the expression is correct. When I removed the big ca-bundle.crt
file, the .text contents were small enough for the error to go away.

> `Argument list too long` typically means that you're are trying to `cp`,
> `mv` or something like this too many files in a single invocation. What is
> exactly the shell command that produces the error?

I don't know the exact command, but seing as the error message goes
away if the "text" content is small enough (e.g. <1k), I'm guessing
it's implemented something like echo "${text}" > $dest.

- Bjørn