[Nix-dev] Cannot build stdenv-linux-boot on MacOS

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 08:23:48 CET 2015

Note that in order to build packages on the virtual Linux box, you need to
be able to ssh to it as root.
Nixops doesn't set that up for nix-build, which is why it fails to build.
(this may be a security thing, not sure)

So once you deployed and it fails to build, do a "nixops ssh" to the Linux
vm and set up your own ssh key for root login.
After that, nixops deploy will work even when it needs to build things.

Wout.