[Nix-dev] using embedded development tool platformio

Matthew O'Gorman mog at rldn.net
Mon Dec 28 05:25:48 CET 2015

Hi

I wanted to use the embedded platform manager platformio on my nixos
box.  Mostly to manage my cross compiler chains so I wouldn't have to.
I was able to get it installed in a nix-shell and virtualenv.  However I
hit the obvious problem when it tried to use the toolchains, that nixos
didn't see the files as executable.  Aside from patchelfing everything
is there a way to use this on nixos?  My current work around is a debian
stretch chroot.  I was hoping to move away from that if possible.

--
Matthew O'Gorman
BM-NBUmia4p88Jny5bZbRGcMt64SWWp5WVv
Xim/Email: mog at rldn.net
mog at rldn:~$ fortune wisdom -s|cowsay -f /dev/null
/ I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have \
| seen yesterday and I love today.        |
\ -- William Allen White                  /