[Nix-dev] Sidestepping the community builds trust issue?

Shea Levy shea at shealevy.com
Fri Dec 25 14:59:07 CET 2015

I have no opinion on this feature specifically, but re #3: avoiding a feature in order to keep things in a poor enough state so that users care about the issues you think they should care about is highly patronizing and a terrible way for developers to relate to users. It is incidentally ridiculous to think that this particular community will ever stop caring about solving this particular problem, but more importantly if you can't convince users to care about something without artificially limiting the usefulness of their tools then perhaps that thing is not actually worth caring about.