[Nix-dev] Non-root access to nixos-container

rohit yadav rohityadav7787 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 20:46:57 CET 2015

Hi,

After trying docker, rkt etc, I have found nixos-container to be best
suited for my application. However, I find ​a warning that root access to
the container should not be provided to any untrusted user. I am wondering
if I can create a normal user in a declarative container, would that be
safe? This may be a trivial question, I just want to be clear on this.

I have not been to able to run lxc container on NixOS yet. I would be
grateful if someone can share their success story in this regard. Docker
works fine but cannot create systemd-service to launch. Besides, the images
sizes are too big.

Thanks,
Rohit