[Nix-dev] Change owner and permissions of a file in nix-store

Augustin Borsu augustin at sagacify.com
Wed Dec 16 16:07:45 CET 2015

I'm using the following snippet to deploy a private key and certificate
to my server using nixops.
I was wondering, is it possible to change the owner and permissions of
files in the nix-store?
It seems to me this would be more secure if the certificate and key was
only accessible by the user launching apache and not by everyone else.

Thanks.

services = {
   httpd = {
     enable = true;
     sslServerCert = builtins.toFile "ssl.crt" (builtins.readFile
./private/local.crt);
     sslServerKey = builtins.toFile "ssl.key" (builtins.readFile
./private/local.key);
     enableSSL = true;
   };
};