[Nix-dev] Regarding the unstable channel

Eric Sagnes eric.sagnes at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:10:04 CET 2015

Thanks you both for the clarification.

The few packages I had issues with were trivial to fix, and as I
have some free time to use on NixOS I will definitely check the
failing jobs list to find easy to fix packages.

> With current number of QA folks we barely keep the channel from being
> blocked on updating.

Are there ways for a normal user / contributor to help the QA team?
If so, I will be very happy to help.

It would be nice that beside packaging, there were details and
instructions on how to help important parts of the project like
QA, bug triaging, PR, etc. in the contributor guide.

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 05:19:35PM +0100, Domen Kožar wrote:

> > > I am not familiar with hydra so I don't know what is possible to improve
> > > the situation.
> > > But for example, could it be possible to update the unstable channel
> > when none
> > > or only a few jobs fail?
> >
> > Sure, but then the unstable channel would *never* update :-) It's already
> > hard
> > enough to get all the release-blocking builds/tests to succeed
> > simultaneously.
> >

> If we had more people being proactive on this, it's doable.
>
> With current number of QA folks we barely keep the channel from being
> blocked on updating.

Eric Sagnes
サニエ エリック