[Nix-dev] Fundraiser?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:20:04 CET 2015

On 12/08/2015 05:22 PM, Domen Kožar wrote:
> There are lots of debates how enterprises should/could fund open source
> instead of expecting free labor, but we're not there yet :-)

What works well IMO is that company wants to use an open-source tool
(e.g. nix*) to do something (e.g. CI), but some pieces are missing, so
they pay some experienced freelancer(s) from the community to get the
work done. During that, some improvements to the tool might be done and
contributed to the community afterwards.

Vladimir