[Nix-dev] Fundraiser?

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Tue Dec 8 20:18:30 CET 2015

Hi,

On 07/12/15 17:33, Thomas Hunger wrote:

> There's the foundation https://nixos.org/nixos/foundation.html which would be a
> great structure to collect and direct money.

Yes, although I don't think the foundation is currently set up to pay developers
(maybe Rob can comment on this).

Another possibility might be to go via the NLnet Foundation [1]. From my
understanding based on a chat I recently had with them, they can take donations
from companies that want a certain feature (say, adding some backend to NixOps)
and then pay the developer, ensuring the donation is tax-deductible as a charity.

> Eelco - I'm not sure where to look so I couldn't find anything about the
> foundation's activity. Do you keep meeting notes somewhere online?

Unfortunately not yet, we're still waiting for our secretary to type in his
scribblings from the two board meetings we've had :-)

[1] https://nlnet.nl/foundation/can_do.html

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/