[Nix-dev] [call for] Release manager for Hydra

Domen Kožar domen at dev.si
Tue Dec 8 13:07:52 CET 2015

Hey Christian,

thanks. I had following in mind.

Before the release:

- check changelog is really up to date
- mark any backwards incompatible changes
- make sure all hydra tests pass
- make sure the upgrade procedure works from previous release
- test that setting up hydra from scratch works by following installation
guide (this could be automated with NixOS test)

At release time:

- create a git (annotated) tag
- mark the release date in changelog, etc
- post a mail to nix-dev

After release:

- bump the package in nixpkgs

I'm sure I forgot something, but we should document the process and improve
it as we go.

PS: we have a similar issue opened for NixOS:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/4442
PS: Eelco might know if there is something else that needs to be taken care
of

Domen

Domen