[Nix-dev] Fundraiser?

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:10:16 CET 2015

Hi all,

I've been a Nix/NixOS user for a few years now. While some parts of
NixOS are moving forward rather quickly (awesome!), some of the Nix
tooling is improving painfully slow (IMHO). I was wondering if any
core devs have considered starting a fundraiser to possibly work
full-time on some issues?

Some things I'd really like to see happen (and support financially):

* Better UI. I think there are many GitHub issues about this already,
but I really like what's being pointed out here:
https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/684#issuecomment-154502504.

* Better support for Nix as a 3rd party package solution. Be able to
build a distro agnostic package on a Nix system and deploy it
(trivially) to other systems (that may not even have Nix).

Best regards,
Bjørn Forsman