[Nix-dev] Logo improvement ideas

Spencer Whitt sw at swhitt.me
Wed Aug 26 03:28:44 CEST 2015

All of the logos Tim has proposed look like clear improvements over the
current one to me. I think we should just pick one and use it! There's no
downside to adopting one of these logos, since they maintain the same basic
design as the current one but with cleaner, modernized design.

I think we should avoid bikeshedding and turning this into some massive
project. It doesn't need to be perfect, it just needs to be an improvement.

It makes sense to pick two logos, one which is print friendly and one which
is not. There's no reason to constrain other media to be print friendly,
and I think the subtle gradients are a nice touch.